Tiranga Popsicle | Independence Day Special
posted by Vidhya , August 13, 2016
We are going to celebrate our 70th Independence day this Monday. Here is a special, kids friendly recipe to celebrate the occasion - Tiranga Popsicle or
The present form of Indian Flag was adopted on 22nd July 1947, which means there were couple forms before. Yes, our National Flag got evolved slowly and went through many iterations to arrive at what it is today. The Know India website has the details about this evolution and also Flag Code of India governs the usage of the flag. Our
Color :Indicates the strength and courage of the country.
Color :Indicates the peace and truth with Dharma Chakra
- Green Color: Indicates the fertility, growth
andauspiciousness of the land.
- The Dharma Chakra in the middle band is adopted from Ashoka Chakra which is represented with a 24-spoke wheel, in navy blue at its
- Orange - 2 (Medium size) or if you are using
store boughtjuice - 1 cup of juice would do
- Kiwi - 1
- Tender Coconut water - 1 cup (I used store bought one)
- Water for preparing kiwi juice - 1 cup
- Sugar - 2 tbsps
- Blueberries - a handful
- a drop of green food color (optional)
Prep - Work :
using usingfresh oranges, squeeze the oranges and extract about 1 cup of juice. Mix 1 tbsp of sugar and make sure its dissolved well.
- Peel the kiwi skin and grind it along with 1 cup of water and 1 tbsp of juice. As the green color was not vibrant, I added a drop of food color. But that's completely optional.
- In the popsicle mold, fill 1/3 of the mold with orange juice and let it sit in
freezerfor about 1 hr.
- Now remove the popsicle from the freezer and slowly remove the stick from the popsicle mold and fill the next 1/3 of the mold with coconut water and drop 1
blue berryin each mold and close it.
- Keep this in the freezer again for 1 hour.
- Now remove the popsicle from the freezer and repeat the same as in step 2. Remove the stick slowly and now fill the remaining of the mold with kiwi juice and place the sticks and keep it in the freezer again.
- Let it
setfor about 3 to 4 hours.
That's it. Yummy popsicle is ready.
- Adjust the sugar according to your preference.
- Instead of kiwi, green grapes can be used too.
- As the coconut water is pretty clear, the orange and kiwi juice penetrates. You can go for any
milk shakesfor middlelayer, but as I was bitskeptical about the combination went with coconut water. Lychee juice will work well this combo too.