The 15 min, No Mess Aaloo Paratha for School Lunch
posted by Preethi Chandrasekhar, April 26, 2013
A morning arrived this week where I had not planned what to pack for school lunch. PBJ was out since it was the nut-free day!
I had promised myself that I would be a better mother and not give into PBJs and Mac and Cheese for lunch every day. Besides, I think my daughter was bored of it too. Last Mac and Cheese box came back full.
I thought parathas would be the way to go, I can sneak in vegetables and it is non-messy. My daughter can eat it herself.
Here goes one such quick lunch box recipe:
1. Small fingerling potatoes (2/3), chopped, skin and all
2. A handful of frozen peas
3. Multigrain Flour (1/3 cup)
4. Olive Oil - 1 tbsp.
5. Salt to taste
1. Microwave potatoes and frozen peas for about 3/4 minutes on high in a bowl. Sprinkle some water beforehand so it does not dry up too much.
2. Mush the potatoes and peas with a Pav bhaji masher.
3. Add the flour, salt, and olive oil.
4. Make the dough. Add some water if needed. ( I also added some stuffed paratha masala from a recent Indian store visit)
5. Make small bite size patties (no
Do you have