Microwave Mawa Mango Mothak For Ganesh Chaturthi
posted by Vidhya , September 07, 2016
Ganapathi Bappa Morya! Happy Ganesh Chaturthi to all. Here is our easy peasy, kids friendly - Microwave Mawa Mango Mothak or MMMM or double M&Ms!
This is a 5 ingredient fix recipe which can be prepared under 30 minutes. I used the mothak mold to shape these pedas. Yes these are pedas with mango flavor shaped into mothak. Instead of mothak mold, you can use cookie cutters and try out other shapes also. Instead of mango flavor, you can include other fruit flavors or add cocoa powder and prepare choco mothaks or stuff any dry fruits inside and prepare dry fruits stuffed mothaks. Sky is the limit and you can prepare a zillion varieties with this base peda recipe. :-) Without any further ado, here is the simple recipe...
- Milk Powder / Mawa - 1 cup
- Condensed Milk - 1/4 cup
- Mango Puree - 1/4 cup
- Saffron strands - a pinch
- Luke Warm Water - 2 tbsps
- Mango Essence - 2 drops (optional)
- Ghee - 2 tbsps + to grease the mold
Prep - Work:
- Microwave the 2 tbsps of water for 45 seconds and soak the saffron strands in the lukewarm water for 5 to 6 minutes.
- You can use store-bought mango puree or you can chop about 1/2 cup of mango pulp and grind them without adding water to get the puree.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the milk powder, mango puree, mango essence, saffron water, condensed milk and mix them nicely.
- Microwave this for 1 minute and then mix again.
- Microwave for another 1 minute and mix again. Add 2 tbsps of ghee and mix well and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Let this mixture cool down for 10 minutes. Meanwhile grease the mothak mold with ghee.
- Once it becomes easy to handle, knead the dough well and take a small lemon sized ball and press it in the mothak mold and shape them as per the mold instructions.
That's it. Yummy mango mawa mothak is ready.
- If the mothak dough is dry, add about 2 tbsps of milk.
- Adjust the condensed milk according to the mango sweetness. If you add more condensed milk, microwave for additional 30 seconds.
- For every one minute during the microwave process, mix the milk powder mix. Do not microwave for more than 2 minutes continuously.