Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Soup
posted by Vidhya , March 02, 2016
I have mentioned before that I am
My soup did curdle a bit as I used 2% milk and also curdling depends upon the cheese variety. Here are some tips for rich and creamy soup.
- Broccoli - 15 florets
- Milk (2%) - 1 cup
- Water - 3 cups
- Salt - 1 tsp (as per your taste)
- Pepper - 1.5 tsp (as per taste)
- Sharp Cheddar cheese grated - 1/2 cup (You can opt for mild cheddar too)
- Pressure cook broccoli 1.5 cups of water.
- Let it cool down and blend it nicely.
- Now simmer this broccoli mixture along with 1 cup of milk in medium heat.
- Add salt and pepper and the grated cheese.
- Once the cheese melts, remove it from the heat and its ready to serve
Serve hot with croutons or tortilla chips.
Image credits: Vidhya